Valerie's Review of GAE

…and how it mysteriously failed to cause any inconvenience or even be mentioned during Australia’s Aboriginal people’s 40-60,000 year history on the southern continent.

3 Likes

Then there is Bible evidence. Just use some simple logic when trying to shove a local flood into Genesis 6. A simple logic argument goes like this:

“Why would Noah be told to rescue animals on a large Ark if most of the animals on the planet would remain alive in a local flood and easily repopulate the planet? Why were birds for instance taken on the Ark? Most could have successfully escaped with their lives when the rains started in a local flood. For that matter many, many animals on the fringes of a local flood could have escaped, yet the text uses emphatic language that all life on the land perished.”

1 Like

Correct. The evidences of a global Flood mount when one considers that the presence of fossils speaks of rapid burial - usually due to water - and that sedimentary fossil beds occur on continental scales around the world. If the Flood was not global, why do these fossiliferous sediments appear on every continent? Too, why should there be any soft tissue in mya fossils? This is a clear sign that those fossils are not that old. But there are other evidences one can easily find if he is a seeker of truth. However, if his mind is already made up against a recent global Flood, nothing can really help inform that kind of closed mind.

1 Like

I do remember reading this review from creation.com and wondering why I never saw a push-back here on PS. Maybe I simply missed it, but would be interested in seeing it if it exists.

Because every continent was covered with an ocean or sea at one time or another over the last 500 million years. This didn’t happen all at the same time. Why do the fossiliferous sediments date to such widely different ages and contain widely different biota if all were buried at the same time in the same one year event? Even if radiometric dating is dead wrong shouldn’t all the sediment give the same value?

There isn’t soft tissue. There are small permineralized traces of the original biomolecules. Why don’t all fossils show “soft tissue” like ice aged mammoths do if all were buried at the same time in the same Flood?

When YECs run from the huge amount of evidence they can’t explain they admit their minds are completely closed shut from all reality.

3 Likes

Here it is! Be aware that it’s pretty long - about the length of a short book. I’ll probably make a separate thread about it here in these forums, as I’ve recently integrated the new things I learned here since 2014.

1 Like

I’ve already explained from my point of view, you do not have a biblical philosophy of science. Feel free to explain what you do and don’t affirm if you want. But if many people are telling you the same thing, maybe we’re not the ones who are wrong. Regarding sinking sand, I thought about using this parable in my review of your book. You’re not building on a rock.

“Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock: 25 and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock.

26 “But everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand: 27 and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall.”

No, much of this is soon after the flood throughout various earth and climate stages and changes as things settled down, for lack of better words. I haven’t done a lot of studying of these aspects yet though to point toward more specifics. They’re on creationist websites though…

What fossils date to widely different dates? And where are you getting those dates? And “widely different biota” would support a large single cataclysmic event for all life, so why are you trying to use it in the opposite manner?

Since when did you date sedimentary rock and come up with any dates? Sedimentary rock cannot be dated, so how would you know if “all the sediment” is not giving the same value?