Why Behe offered a second definition of IC

Which One Is Easier to Measure?

Before we go further @Bilbo, you might want to clarify your thoughts here, by responding to my point:

It appears you missed a very critical point about IC1 and IC2. Do you really believe that IC1 is hard to measure, but IC2 is easy to measure? Why is that? Most of us think exactly the opposite. IC1 is very easy to measure (that is its brilliance). IC2, however, is nearly impossible if not entirely impossible to measure.

Can you explain why you disagree? Or retract your statement, and acknowledge your stated reason for why he created IC2 is false. Either way works for me. Until that is settled, however, we are certainly not talking about the same things.

Is IC1 a Definition or a Hypothesis?

@Mercer, to be clear, I think both @bilbo and I are using a shorthand (at least I hope so) here. What I mean by “IC1” is precisely the hypothesis that “IC1 systems cannot evolve by Darwinian mechanisms.” You, also, are absolutely correct that Behe states this as a conclusion, without empirical justification, rather than as a hypothesis to test. Hopefully that is actually a separate issue. Though I think as this conversation plays out it will be clear.