Why ID Argues Against Common Descent?

Why exclude horizontal transfer? That is common descent too!

3 Likes

@pnelson,

Do you accept the THEORETICAL possibility that if God wanted to create life by means of Evolution, that it would be a simple matter for Him to arrange that?

HGT can certainly be included. It makes things a bit more complicated for a lay audience which is why I usually focus on vertical inheritance.

1 Like

@Agauger (@swamidass),
A start would be allowing for ALL creatures ‘specially created’, to be subject to the forces of speciation… not just after being set free from the ark (for those who hold to a global flood)… but even immediately after their creation.

Isn’t this already the case? All creatures are subject to the forces of speciation no matter their origin.

I’m not seeing anyone claim that speciation never happens … … well maybe some YECs, but they (AiG) also claim a sort of hyper-evolution since the Ark, so I think we have to leave them out until they make up their minds.

@Dan_Eastwood

To us, yes.

But not to those who believe in periodic special creation.

It is a rare Old Earth Creationist that accepts anything more than a narrow band of “adaptation” or of “minor speciation”.

Who says we are not?

1 Like

More importantly, who says you are? I have seen no evidence of serious research by IDers into the question of common descent or special creation at any taxonomic level. Can you cite something?

3 Likes

Work in progress, and not by me, so no, I can’t cite something.

2 Likes

It is rare for OECs to say this that are scientifically objectionable. And if you are claiming scientific proof for periodical special creation then LALALALALALALALA I CANT HEAR YOU !!! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Well up to this point this isn’t a question you have seemed interesting in pursuing. But if you guys are now I’m glad to hear that.

1 Like

@Dan_Eastwood

I think in your mirthful enthusiasm you rendered your post inscrutable.

But to assurre you, i am totally opposed to special creation… except for The Universe, and the obscure events of creating Adam and Eve.

1 Like

Of course the creation of this Universe was special.

2 Likes

I think you figured it out.

We can get along. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Can you provide any further information? Who it’s by, what it involves, etc.

You’re right. I shouldn’t have posted that. Motive-mongering is a cheap shot.

4 Likes

Credit where credit is due. Thanks for retracting this.

Agreed.

1 Like