YEC Predictions on Dino Soft Tissue?

I don’t think so, no. But that’s because those predictions could only ever be based on the information available at the time about how quickly various forms of organic material deteriorates and becomes replaced with minerals.

It turns out that information was incomplete, and we now know that under certain circumstances, organic material can last much longer than they used to think.

“An evolutionary worldview” makes no predictions about how long organic material can be expected to last under different conditions. That would be based on the local conditions of physics, chemistry, and geology. What are these molecules and structures made of, what forces and variables are they exposed to, how do they change over time? So it is totally dependent on these local factors, in the same way that putting your bag of frozen vegetables in your freezer or in the open sun significantly affects how long it will last.

There is no such thing as THE rate of decomposition of organic material. It completely depends on what the local conditions are like and has nothing to do with the age of the Earth and universe.

That too would depend on the local conditions, wouldn’t it? I mean I hope we can agree that freezers preserve organic material much better than direct sunlight does, even on a Young Earth Creationist worldview.

We can see and understand how the question isn’t actually based on “worldviews”, but ultimately depends on our understanding of physics and chemistry.

No because for the reasons explained above, neither of these supposed “worldviews” intrinsically predict the rates of decomposition of organic material under different environmental conditions.

The Earth and universe being young doesn’t say anything about how quickly organic material should decompose. Neither does the Earth and universe being old.

I hope I have made it obvious why your question is misconceived.

4 Likes