All Agree God Designed the Cosmos... so we don't need to Dispute design!

Naturally… there are plenty of “other types” on this list. But I’m not going to add 5 more words to a thread title to be “more inclusive” with folks that shouldn’t even be here.

Generally speaking…ID disputes erupt for the basic reason that if some of God’s operations can be proved by Science… then we don’t have to argue about whether or not God exists.

But if we escalate one more level… if we (virtually) all agree that God Designed creation… it means we only have to discuss “Science proving design” as a side topic…

Discussions on the dual Scenarios of Creation should be interrupted less frequently by tangents into the finer points of ID theory.

Yeah… one of my all time most popular threads!.. Let’s keep it as a trophy forever…

2 Likes

Well, I think I agree with you, for whatever that’s worth. The detailed ID discussions burn my brain. I’d much rather just acknowledge that most monotheists, at least, believe that God created the universe and therefore in some sense designed the whole thing, and then get on with trying to learn how it all might have happened without all the philosophical “maneuvering” to force apologetics.

2 Likes