An evangelical Christian group is using popular superheroes, like Captain America and Spider-Man, to target children in Georgia’s public schools

This is getting a little crazy now.

Do you object to the standard, “we’ve got spirit, yes we do… we’ve got spirit, how 'bout you?” rally cheer? Might be next on the radar… : )
Honestly, mixed feelings about this, at first glance --understand the motives, probably disagree with the antics, and can honestly say this disturbs me more than causes a wry smile --even reading just the supposedly “objective” reporting.

Hell Hath No Fury like an infringement on a Disney Copyright.

Oh, Disney is gonna destroy them!

They better not touch the Punisher, Daredevil or Deadpool.

2 Likes

All the characters shown are from Marvel Comics, not Disney. Still I’m sure Marvel will be none too pleased to have their intellectual property swiped like that.

ETA: I just checked, Disney owns Marvel, bought them back in 2009. So it will be Disney lawyers on a rampage.

2 Likes

They are just teaching traditional values such as “Thou shalt not steal.” Oh. Never mind…

3 Likes

All in all, I would rather my comic book heros were not under the Disney media machine. I find Disney to be frighteningly manipulative of young minds.