An Intelligently Designed Kitchen

4 Likes

Beautiful kitchen, who designed it?

Nice, and thank you. It was someone intelligent. But you knew that.

1 Like

Oh yes, clearly an intelligent designer. Or perhaps several designers as the colors are very up to date and clean lines and very modern materials. I like the cabinet hardware and the tile backslash. But seems to be very old Faberware pot. Is that a fossil from a previous kitchen?

3 Likes

Indeed. This kitchen is remodeled, in a 1914 house, with clean lines and beautiful backsplash as you say, but if you look closely there is a 1930s stove. The pot belonged to my mother. So we have several geologic strata here.

1 Like

Yep, I recognized that pot right away as similar to what my mother had. Probably goes back to the 1950’s perhaps earlier to late post-war 1940’s. Yes they designed them very well back then. My mother’s and your mother’s pot probably had a common designer in the Faberware factory.

2 Likes

1950s. Spot on. It’s one of the few pieces of kitchenware I have left from her.
Do you have an appreciation for antiques? Excluding myself of course.

2 Likes

Well I am not very appreciative of antiques. When my mother past away three years ago, I had to clean out the house for sale. Out went the pots, the whole set along with 3 sets of china. Couldn’t give it away. Ending up paying a guy to take all the stuff my mother considered valuables because nobody wanted it. It was really sad as she went through life, cleaning and polishing things she thought were valuable. In the end, we had to pay to have 20 yards of “junk” taken away. The same thing happened at my mother-in-laws house when she died last year. Had to pay to clear the house to be sold. My wife did keep a few of her mother’s pots and pans of the same vintage. My wife and I learned something from the experience. Clear out our house now as the kids and grandkids won’t want any of our junk. :sunglasses:

Oh, sorry for digressing into pots and pans. You were having a good technical discussion. Please continue and sorry for my diversion.

3 Likes

Hah! @swamidass! Do you like to keep things neatly filed at work? I can’t follow all the endless splits.

2 Likes

Best thread ever! :slight_smile:

2 Likes