Blessed with some amazing discoveries

Yes, but it’s the detail in the picture; it looks more like an actual worm than an impression. So my non-expert guess would be contamination.

1 Like

I don’t think he is saying those are fossils. I think those are actually living, or only recently deceased, critters that he found in his rock.

And it seems he asked the wrong scientists to identify them. Or identifying tiny worms is hard.

I’m still not seeing what is remarkable about any of this. How big are those worms? How did you get their pictures?

It’s a perspective. I am thrilled every time the slime mold blooms in my worm compost. Protists are cool! :wink:

I’ll find a photo …
Google Photos

1 Like

Before reading the text I thought that was the worst full English ever.

4 Likes

I won’t deny that. But there is nothing inexplicable or miraculous about it, as @Chappy seems to think.

It could also explain why no one ever comes over to my house for full English? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I was very curious as to why these items were not embedded in the pyrite crystals too, you would think that anything that was inside of a pyrite crystal would fragment along with the pyrite when broken up. Both of these specimens don’t look like very old at all, had someone give me the contact info of a retired paleontologist that studied conodonts and other things from that epoch, he asked me to send him a closeup photo of both of these specimens, I sent him the photos and got a three-word reply, which was, "No F’ing way!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.