Can we have more time prior to closing a thread?

I’ve commented here off and on for a long time, and I don’t visit the sight more than once or twice a month. Seems like every single time I login there are topics I would like to comment on that are recently closed for only a few days. Obviously, we don’t want completely dead topics from a year ago being bumped, but I think 7 days is too short. I would like to see topics automatically closed around 30 days or something like that. I think that’s enough to make sure the thread is dead without allowing completely dead threads to be resurrected. This was a recent change at PS and it has significantly reduced my engagement here. Ofc some of you may see that as an advantage, but I doubt I’m the only one who has this issue, especially among newer or more casual members.

What say you? Can we do 30 days before closing a topic?

1 Like

I am OK with that. I think we set it to 7 days to choke off some of the never-ending threads, but it’s easy to make them shorter. You can also ask any mod to re-open it for you,

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.