Ceasings on the Lord's Day

Well, excuuse me! :slightly_smiling_face: Sabbath “ceasings” - Google Search

Did you perchance read the little essay.

Better. The word “ceasings” now appears. Never “Sabbath ceasings”, but a couple of those sites actually refer to ceasings that happen on the Sabbath. Others just have both words somewhere on the same page. “Sabbath ceasings” is an awkward term, and it seems that you did invent it.

What does it mean? What exactly must one not do on the Sabbath? Do you think U.S. law should mandate that?

No. But Christians’ hearts should desire it.

I’m not going to give you a laundry list. It’s about the heart, and you do not have a heart for God.

Then what are you whining about? Anyone is free not to do unnecessary labor or commerce on Sunday.

Well of course I don’t. I think he’s imaginary. Still, you might indulge my curiosity.

1 Like

I was whining? :stuck_out_tongue: It seems to me that you are whining about your misperception.

Note my edit above following “No.”

Because Father desires it and we should desire his smile.

Not so.

I come from, on my fathers side, very strict sabbath obeyers. The sabbath being sunday.
We could not do a great list of things otherwise done on other days.
this was a error in evangelical circles, First because the sabbath was a saturday and sunday somehow became the day of worship. Then all the rules, not in the new testament and surely overthrown with christ, are not for Christians.
jesus said the day of rest was for man. Not God. We do rest and hardly work anyways. Just having a worship day is good enough.

Really? Read Exodus 20 and Deuteronomy 5

Did you read the little essay, linked above earlier?

no. I went to the link but it won’t scroll down.
i will check tomorrow.

1 Like

Yes. It seems dishonest.

You glasses are colored by your heart.

Can you be more explicit than ‘It seems’?

The practice of making Sunday a day of rest is a Christian tradition. It does not come from the commandments. It is quite clearly a difference from the commandments. So pointing to the commandments as the source is dishonest.

I like honesty. I do not like dishonesty.

No, it shows that you clearly did not understand the little essay at all.

I do not like false accusations. And if that is your only rebuttal to all of the arguments in the essay, it’s pretty lame.