Comments on Philip Johnson

Thanks Joshua for posting this. This is so sad. Its always sad with this stupid death thing. Lord bless those who loved him, liked him, or aware and cared about him.
He was already a famous innovator in origin subjects based on scientific investigation.He truly accomplished intellectual innovation and success that motivated many others.
He made it a more interesting academic world and the truth was aided by him. all the great things from his involvement are a list I won’t list. I predict he will , in the near future, be seen as in the top 100 of thinkers in science conclusions within our times.
He has left a empire but its as and less fun with these ID thinkers who also so helped evangelical Christian creationism.
In his name the reconquest continues. Thus he will be remembered as a ideas trailblazer and caged match fighter.

Trofim Lysenko: agree or disagree with him, he made a mark on genetics.

1 Like

Indeed. Look at who they’ve added to their roster:

1 Like

Editor’s note: We are delighted to welcome Otangelo Grasso, a graduate of the Summer Seminar on Intelligent Design, as a contributor.

That “fingernails on wood” sound I can hear is caused by someone scraping the bottom of the barrel.

1 Like

Johnson did at times demonstrate an intellectual honesty that I wish more members of his movement emulated:

I also don’t think that there is really a theory of intelligent design at the present time to propose as a comparable alternative to the Darwinian theory, which is, whatever errors it might contain, a fully worked out scheme. There is no intelligent design theory that’s comparable. Working out a positive theory is the job of the scientific people that we have affiliated with the movement. Some of them are quite convinced that it’s doable, but that’s for them to prove…No product is ready for competition in the educational world.

• Berkeley Science Review, Spring 2006
4 Likes

Still true 13 years later.

1 Like

I see they have already learned the right vocabulary.

In a tweet, Zimmer did not hide his amazement, admitting that that the “discovery that microbes build electric wires all over the world is mind-blowing.”

Though an outspoken advocate of unguided Darwinian evolution, Zimmer in his article did not explain how bacteria might have gotten that ability by evolutionary means.

Zimmer isn’t the only one to confess his astonishment.

1 Like

Doing a Google search for that name returns all kind of interesting things:

1 Like

Indeed.

I wonder if @Robert_Byers1, @scd, @colewd or some of our other creationist members should consider applying for a writing job with the DI, seeing the new hiring standards that seem in place there.