Darwin Devolves - Another Huge Advance Against Darwinism and for Intelligent Design

I don’t think any one thinks @r_speir. Maybe God’s directly action was necessary to make us in the Image of God.

2 Likes

@Roy,

Excellent question!

I believe the irony is that Behe’s description of what could be called “God’s Great Billiards Shot” is an extremely reasonable interpretation of the Universe for a Christian to embrace.

The ranks of American science is filled overwhelmingly by men and women with religious convictions (mostly Christian, but not exclusively).

Joshua created PeacefulScience.Org to help Christians more seamlessly integrate their religious views with their professions (if they involve science), and with an acceptance of science as a method of uncovering truths about the Universe.

Scientists who are Trinitarian Christian, by definition, already accept some pretty impressive miraculous events (like the miraculous birth of Jesus, and like his Resurrection). Adding a few more miracles (ranging from Fatima to a relative who says he/she has been cured of something through prayer) is not the same thing as throwing away millions of years of fossil evidence.

Creationists and many of those who oppose them, think the Universe is all ONE WAY or THE OTHER WAY … and thus they both miss the point.

One doesn’t have to dismiss everything about Evolution, just because one thinks Adam must have existed. This “all or nothing” approach to Genesis was erroneous from the beginning. Joshua is trying to re-start the process of how to handle the issues around Genesis!

Yes, it is within the realm of possibility that God could have placed misleading evidence within the genomes of living organisms, within the fossil record of what organisms lived where and when, and where certain organisms live now. He could also have bound observable evolutionary mechanisms to keep diversity within distinct “kinds”. I just find the possibility much less likely than the possibility that what we see is real evidence of how He has created.

What about you, have you considered the possibility that you are wrong? You seem to be rather certain that I am the one doing the misinterpreting.

1 Like

This is so cool @patrick! Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

I do this as well. You would be surprised though how many YEC students just don’t see it as a problem. Many of them just say “God only made them eat meat after the fall.”

1 Like

How do you know this? If evolution happens (and there are mountains of evidence to show that it does), and God is the creator, then He does “want the tool.” He created the tool and uses it constantly to shape the world.

After making an accusation against God, I think you attempted a twisted answer to my question? I will take that as a Yes.

I am not wrong. Adam was handed the original blueprint for this thing called the universe and the other thing called life. I am going with that. You and your ideas are quite the latecomers. Besides, what you see as patterns and associations, you are misrepresenting and drawing far fetched conclusions that are baseless and unnecessary.

@r_speir,

The ONE does not “need” things.

But with millions of data points congruently confirming, from dozens of disciplines, somebody was using Evolutionary processes for millions of years, it would be foolish to think God is not that someone.

I am not ignoring this. Just wondering about what it means.

Yes, I get that a lot.

You may want to check out the thread linked below where I validate the evolution of man from an ancestor shared with chimps:

1 Like

It’s one thing to make off-hand comments about evidence being misinterpreted. It is quite another to actually demonstrate misinterpretation of evidence.

1 Like

One of the only ways I have found to get some of them to consider the idea is to point out that death in the bible often isn’t talking about biological death but spiritual death. This will usually get them to at least think about the possibility.

3 Likes

Again, these are very hollow accusations. Can you actually show how they are being misrepresented?

1 Like

Yes. You missed it. Adam was given the blueprint.

That’s a bare assertion that isn’t back by evidence. You also didn’t show how the evidence is being misinterpreted or misrepresented. Just because it disagrees with your religious beliefs does not mean it is misinterpreted or misrepresented.

1 Like

Where did you establish you are entitled to speak for God and can tell us what He does or doesn’t want?

1 Like

There are three basic things the evolutionist must overcome in order to be heard.

1. The reality of the presence of one transcendent in ability, intelligence, and self-sufficiency
  2. The fact that that one called himself God and told us how he did it
  3. The simple ability for the rest of us to disbelieve what you are saying

You didn’t answer the question.

Where did you establish you are entitled to speak for God and can tell us what He does or doesn’t want?

False. You missed it. See #2 above. But I know what you are driving at. You see, a child could speak for God, couldn’t they. All they have to do is to quote the text. But here is the very thing you cannot do: speak for God. All you can do is guess, but your guess is wrong.