Dinosaurs versus Flat Earth

Oh really? Are they going to use genetics to create demons as well? Isaiah also mentions Adam’s first wife, Lillith. Do you think science will reincarnate her as well? The passages in Isaiah are an example judgment language which, like the rest of the Bible, is not to be taken literally.

Behind what? The Bible which says the earth is flat, covered by a dome and rests on pillars? Sure.

I never said the planet was created in 6 or 7 days. Unlike Big Bang Theory, I do not believe in spooky action that invents the whole universe in a matter of seconds. Inflation would not allow for all the alpha particles to fill the space a few seconds would provide. A Black hole would form. Some theorize that it would have to happen in a progressive way at just the right speed otherwise a universe wouldn’t form if things expanded to fast above a escape velocity but if to slow would become a black hole. Any way you slice it the theory of the Big Bang is Debunked. Based on Red shift its more likely that magnetic flux from star light interferes with light from stars traveling toward us causing a red shift in the same way light is interfered with when traveling through water. It slows down.
I never proposed a instantaneous earth. The bible doesn’t either. It leave a lot out and gives a few points. Some points several times.

And Yes, I did forget that Earthquake and the Eclipse that happened. That would have made people watching his death feel spooky. It doesn’t necessarily prove he was the son of God as they claimed but the coincidence sure did give the appearance. Muslims 700 years later invent a theory that it wasn’t the real Jesus Crucified… That he did not die on the cross but you see the problem with their argument. Like yours, you were not there to contest the written material with a alternate story.

You are back with your cut and bast satire. Garbage like that is not historical or scientific. Its Bigotry dressed up.
You do know I have read the bible so many times that if you had put scripture in it I would have known exactly where to find it. You changing the text significantly to make it fit means it does not fit. And several supposed links don’t even have a remote relationship to each other. like saying: Mark:Jesus was on a donkey. vs. lliad :Jerry Springer drives a car.

This is TROLL behavior based on Bigotry and has no place in a honest society. presenting false information as true knowing you are doing it to harm someones faith who may not know the bible or history well is a Evil this site should not Tolerate.

Its one thing for this site not to have anyone to argue effectively for E=mc2 its another for someone to intentionally argue falsehoods to hurt people.

What Mental state are you referring too. Moderators would have removed my comment if I made that to you. Please explain your diagnosis or benefit of speaking to me that way. Its one thing to paint a wide brush not implicating you specifically, but you directly say I have a Mental State you need to have sympathy for? This might not be the exact scientific term the Moderators would use but I think it would apply. “back the hell up.”

he really should look at satellite images of the earth or jump on a plane and head east and east and east and east and east… LoL.

I believe you are strongly delusional and incoherent, if you must know. The evidence of your posts is clear to any reader. This is not something under your control, so responding to you helps nobody, and I try to avoid it.

There is no mention of such a person in the bible. You again are bringing invented stories. Isaiah 34 does not have her or it nor does Genesis 1-3 At best there is a reference to a woman in Revelations but not Lilith. You are adding in Mythology where none is found. Revelations talks about a Woman in chapter 17:8 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth. BUT its not an actual woman.

And we are covered by a dome. something no one would be able to truly see back when it was written. It proves extra special knowledge, Just like when Isaiah says God sits on the circle of the earth suggesting also that it is round when most today don’t think they could have grasped that and insist they are not smart enough. still I haven’t met many who could do the things they did from mining ore and smelting and tanning hide and moving blocks bigger than a bus. For daft people they seem to be smarter than most alive today.

Trying to shame Biblical figures in History to vent your bigotry is not scientific, its immoral.

Really? By whom, when, where and how was this done? How come no Nobel Prize for science was awarded for this debunking? Scientific theories prove themselves to be true by being useful and making accurate predictions. When the Big Bang was discovered, it predicted that all the other galaxies should be moving away from us. In 1929 Hubble observed that with his telescope. In 1950 Big Bang theory predicted we should find traces of the Big Bang no matter what direction we looked. The discovery of the cosmic microwave background proved that prediction as well. Predictions in science come before the discoveries that prove them true unlike the Bible where all the predictions and supposed prophecies were made after the events had already taken place.

The [existence] of the universe is a field of study that requires an intensive understanding of the various aspects of quantum field theory including quantum electrodynamics and quantum chroma-dynamics as well as supersymmetry in relativity and each of these areas of study require a mastery of the mathematical prerequisites including differential and partial differential equations, non-Euclidean geometry, vector calculus, linear algebra and operator algebra just to name a few. So, get back to us after you have mastered all of the mathematics involved in understanding the universe.

Neither of these events as well as dead people climbing out of their graves and appearing to many others in Jerusalem are mentioned in the historical record. Thomas Paine mentioned this ridiculous Bible story in The Age of Reason:

“It is an easy thing to tell a lie, but it is difficult to support the lie after it is told. The writer of the book of Matthew should have told us who the saints were that came to life again, and went into the city, and what became of them afterward, and who it was that saw them - for he is not hardy enough to say he saw them himself; whether they came out naked, and all in natural buff, he-saints and she-saints; or whether they came full dressed, and where they got their dresses; whether they went to their former habitations, and reclaimed their wives, their husbands, and their property, and how they were received; whether they entered ejectments for the recovery of their possessions, or brought actions of crim. con. against the rival interlopers; whether they remained on earth, and followed their former occupation of preaching or working; or whether they died again, or went back to their graves alive, and buried themselves.” :rofl:

The falsehoods of the Christian superstition have caused more damage to our civilization than anything else. Christianity tried to kill science while it was an infant in the cradle. Now just the fact that the infant grew up is really torturing its childhood abuser. Christianity is the worst human tragedy to ever come upon this planet. Your post is the exact same attitude that got millions of unbelievers and so-called witches hunted down, arrested, tortured and murdered by angry illiterate and evil Christians. I have no doubts at all that you long for those days to return so you could exact revenge on people who do not believe as you do. Unbelief is neither wrong nor is it evil. religion is both.

Yes really, they already have human lungs in mice and pig hearts to put into humans.

You are talking nonsense again. for a 100 points who is Francis Bacon.

I have dealt with guys like you who do not use the form to discuss science. They use it to Harass. How about this… you go your way and I will go mine.

As someone who isn’t a young earth creationist or a Christian,I’m gonna have to disagree with you there. The idea that many new atheists have that science and Christianity have always been at odds seems silly given how many Western scientists were whole-heartedly Christians themselves.

3 Likes

The fact that scientists were Christians has never stopped the Church and other Christians from persecuting these scientists. The list of those who earned the wrath of the Christian religion reads like a Who’s Who of Science: Copernicus, Bruno, Galileo, Descartes, Newton, Halley, Darwin, Hubble, even Bertrand Russell. Almost daily the Discovery Institute publishes another article bashing Charles Darwin. Why don’t you read about the Scopes trial? Andrew White, a former president of Cornell University, wrote a history of the conflict entitled The Warfare of Science with Theology. It covered hundreds of historical cases and that the religion generally repeats the same three-step process whenever confronted by a threatening scientific discovery:

First, the religion tries to crush the new scientific discovery and theory, often through censorship and persecution of the scientist. But as the evidence supporting the scientific viewpoint inevitably grows, the Christianity struggles to find a compromise position that incorporates both viewpoints. Eventually, the scientific victory is complete, and the Christians are left to indulge in apologetics, a field of study that explains away and defends the actions of Christians. In this stage, apologists invariably claim that there is not, and never was, any conflict between the Church and science. This process has occurred down through history every time there is a new discovery about the natural world. This has resulted in a Christianity today that is completely unrecognizable from the Early Christian Church. If the two could ever meet, they would denounce each other as heretics.

Francis Bacon is a guy who said: "God, worketh nothing in nature but by second causes. To speak of God as the first cause is a matter of theology, not science, and reasonable men do not unwisely mingle or confound these learnings together.” You might want to take that advice.

You do realize that Christianity is not a monolith right? There are many interpretations and denominations within the religion. Just because some of those interpretations have disagreed with what were once developing scientific fields like Evolutionary Biology and Geology doesn’t mean Christianity is an inherently anti-scientific ideology. Many Christians whole-heartedly accept the two fields of science I just mentioned.

That list you gave looks interesting since you put Newton on it. He was a devout Christian himself who believed that his research on physics was evident of a designer of some kind. Also, the Discovery Institute isn’t an inherently Christian organization anyway, at least I thought it wasn’t. Many of them are probably Christians but they’re not promoting Christianity itself, just Intelligent Design, which is just the idea that a designer was involved in the evolutionary process.

1 Like

The Discoettes have given up pretending they’re all about science. The Reverend Stephen C. Meyer’s latest book is called Return of the God Hypothesis. So, they’ve come out of the closet. The Discovery Institute is and always has been part of the Christian apologetics industry, which is of course dedicated to conning Christians out of their hard-earned money.

It doesn’t matter. Christianity fervently believes without questioning. Science depends on skepticism. Christianity wraps itself in a security blanket of the settled and the final and depends solely on sacred revelations while science tells us that no finding is the final word and all findings are subject to future revision and even outright rebuttal. Religion insists it has the truth, that it has knowledge once and for all of the unknown. Science admits its partial ignorance and its contingency. The “knowledge” of religion concerns the un-provable while the knowledge of science is what is provable by mathematics and experiment. And let us not forget it was the rise of science that led to religious skepticism and a critical attack on the supposed scientific reliability of the Bible. What about that?

You have a lot of nerve. Your handle is an egregious lie - evolution is not a hoax but creationism is. Lying is immoral but your bogus interpretation of Bible has twisted your moral compass so that it points in the wrong direction - towards evil.

Oh sure. The Bible was written by men who didn’t know where the sun went at night.

I have carefully read the works of astrophysicists, but do not recall having read anything like what you just said.

Would you kindly provide citations from the astrophysics literature to support your astonishing claim?

Respectfully, Scott, you appear to not understand what it is you are saying. And the more you try to explain, the deeper you dig your hole. Maybe you should give this whole science thing a rest … or maybe take some courses at your local community college to fill in the gaps in your knowledge bank.

May you and yours enjoy a blessed 2022,
Chris

2 Likes