Garvey: The Generations of Heaven and Earth

@jongarvey has a new book coming out in 2020, interacting with the GAE. Here is my endorsement of his book.

Summarizing a decade of contemplation, Garvey makes a provocative, must-read contribution to a new conversation about Adam and Eve. After 150 years of mistaken conflict, we now know that traditional readings of Genesis can be entirely compatible with evolutionary science, as long as there are people outside the Garden. Garvey presses one step further, arguing that allowing for people outside the Garden is helpful to theology, recovering the original understanding of Genesis. Evolutionary science, in this way, encourages a coherent and grounded synthesis of traditional theology and mainstream science.

S. Joshua Swamidass, Founder of Peaceful Science, Associate Professor of Laboratory and Genomic Medicine, Washington University in Saint Louis

More books will be coming out of the PS community, including one from @Andrew_Loke, which is equally provocative. I look forward to watching the conversation unfold in all corners, especially around @jongarvey’s book. He is one of the early people that recognized the significance of the GAE, long before I entered the scene.

4 Likes

@jongarvey what is the publication date for your book?

Sigh… so many books to buy, so little disposable income… :smiley:

4 Likes

Sounds a great book… I’ll have to read it. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Josh

Wipf and Stock work on a queue system, rather than a date schedule. However, given that the process is almost exactly synchronous with that of God’s Good Earth last year, we’re expecting around January or February 2020. Just time for people to read yours and wonder about some more biblical implications!

1 Like