Gpuccio: Functional Information Methodology

@gpuccio, we will continue this for a bit, will likely split it into a new thread.

False.

Exactly, such as the combination of their 10 independent functions. Therefore, by your own definitions, 10 objects with 50 bits are exactly 500 bits of FI (defining function as the sum total of their function).

You go on to explain something entirely unrelated.

Your math is all wrong here. In your example above, that of the 100 safes, the success probability for each trial is 50%, and if you have, say, 20 trials, you expect to get about ten successes.

This also is all wrong. You need to use a modified version of an extreme value distribution.

Because your math is all wrong. Very easy. These are basic homework problems in an intermediate probability course. In your education to become a physician, you probably never had a chance to learn this. Just turns out you are doing the math wrong.

The conceptual disconnect is so large here that I am tempted too call it confabulation.

Of course they can, in all cases, if we define the new function as the sum total of all the functions.

This will be handled, also, in a new thread.

Nope. As I just explained here: Information is Additive but Evolutionary Wait Time is Not. It appears you had some basic misunderstandings here of FI. I encourage you to catch up. This is an important area of science, and it is good to learn about.