Gravitation Wave GW190521 "Bang"

Press release here from yesterday: https://www.ligo.org/detections/GW190521/files/pr-english.pdf?_ga=2.139076660.620595864.1599166566-780489036.1597818212

“This doesn’t look much like a chirp, which is what we typically detect,” says Virgo
member Nelson Christensen, a researcher at the French National Centre for
Scientific Research (CNRS), comparing the signal to LIGO’s first detection of
gravitational waves in 2015. “This is more like something that goes ‘bang,’ and it’s
the most massive signal LIGO and Virgo have seen.”

Hmm, I thought, this seems like my lightning theory! Lightning has a bang… but wait that was about FRBs. A New Aether 2 - Fast Radio Bursts & a Universal Magnetic Field?

This may be a dumb question, but can GW and FRBs be the same thing measured differently?

Also these things are JUST slightly different…

1. “From what the researchers can tell, GW190521 was generated by a source that is roughly 5 gigaparsecs away, when the universe was about half its age, making it one of the most distant gravitational-wave sources detected so far.”

2. "But what if something entirely new produced these gravitational waves? It’s a
    tantalizing prospect, and in their paper the scientists briefly consider other sources
    in the universe that might have produced the signal they detected. For instance,
    perhaps the gravitational waves were emitted by a collapsing star in OUR galaxy.

3. “The signal could also be from a cosmic string produced just after the universe inflated in
    its earliest moments — although neither of these exotic possibilities matches the
    data as well as a binary merger.”

I had to look up how big the Milky Way is - 30 kiloparsecs. So the star collapse would be less than that. I did some division. I think it’s like saying, I don’t know where this “bang” happened. It was either really big and in my county or it happened on the moon. :joy:

Of course I’m going for the star collapse. It’s like fireworks. What else makes a “bang” :laughing:

No one commented so far but this video just came up in me feed. I thought it was a nice explainer. https://youtu.be/qzzy1QAWNIo

This was a gravitational wave bang/thud and a flash, instead of a chirp.