If God is Everywhere. Why Didn’t His Word Spread Without Missionaries?

Somewhat humorous video.

1 Like

Haven’t you read Romans yet? Tsk tsk.

I’m not sure these lines of posts are appropriate, given the mission of this forum. There are many other forums for that.

4 Likes

Amen to that. (Sorry)

And these types of lame arguments have made Hemant Mehta the “Banana Man” of atheism. But I will agree that many of his arguments are humorous (though not always intentionally.)

3 Likes

@patrick if you have an honest question about how Christians think about this, we could try to answer it. Presenting it this way, though, makes it seem like that wasn’t the aim.

4 Likes

I think it’s a wonderful thing that God chose to send Christians out into the world to spread the good news of salvation, instead of just directly broadcasting his message. God doesn’t need us to do that, but he nevertheless gives us the opportunity to be part of the means by which someone is saved. What could be a more fitting and noble task for a creature made in His image?

When I attended the Urbana missions conference last December (where I also met Josh), one speaker said something that stuck with me: if you are a Christian today, that means at some point someone thought it worthwhile to go on mission to a far land to tell you or your ancestors the good news, because most of us are not from the place where Christianity first arose. Thats the length that people are willing to go to spread the Gospel. I find that mind-blowing every time I think about it.

2 Likes

Why do you portray all of those people as savages? Many had their own relatively advanced societies. So racist.

1 Like

Is it possible that there are many people that don’t want to hear the Gospel? I much rather you said “hello, how are you” and leave it at that.

1 Like

Understandably. It’s much more comfortable.

You go along with the crowd or your childhood beliefs or with what is comfortable to you. You are afraid to search within and cause yourself pain.

Recommended reading:

(When they first heard the gospel, they thought Judas was the hero.)

and

(Also a movie.) Steve Saint has said (in my hearing), “God killed my father.”

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

I saw the movie, and it was good.

1 Like