Intelligent Design nearly down the drain

3 Likes

I like the comment by Ken Pidcock:

If you understand ID as a plan to grift conservative Christians, they haven’t actually done too badly.

And that’s it, I think. It is hard to believe that it ever really was intended to be more, at least by its principal proponents.

7 Likes

A reminder that ID is just an acceptable version of creationism for those people embarrassed to be associated with the yokels going to the Ken Ham Creation Museum in Tennessee.

2 Likes

My Kentucky heritage compels me to both correct the error and hide my face in shame.

4 Likes

I think, in fact, most ID Creationists are perfectly happy to be associated with those yokels. It’s a big revival tent.

5 Likes

Ah, I thought about going to the “museum” once. I occasionally fly in to Cincinnati for business, and it’s not so far from there. And I understand there’s some decent fossil-hunting to be had in the area, too. I knew an engineer once who had taken his whole family there. I said I probably wouldn’t go, just because of the strange spectacle, and he mis-heard me as saying I wouldn’t go because it was probably too technical (which he then assured me it was not). But he was retiring, I didn’t need an argument or a discussion on this point at all, so I let it drop there…

1 Like

Very prestigious dignitaries have visited.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.