James Sherley: Should Pro-Lifers Take the COVID Vaccines?

I agree with you @Rumraket.

3 Likes

Youtube has a reputation for being fairly heavy-handed and throw-the-baby-out-with-the-bathwater with its enforcement, particularly of Covid. I suspect that anything that even looks like it might contain false claims about Covid will be given the ‘shoot first and ask questions later’ treatment.

3 Likes

Perhaps. Honestly makes me want to write another oped in the the topic we covered.

2 Likes

Indeed. Many, many videos get removed on a daily basis for far pettier reasons than this. People who make their living on YT complain about it constantly.

5 Likes

I’m fine with the reason, if it actually applied. The issue is that it doesn’t apply.

Welcome to our new overlords, where not only (mis)information is controlled, but discussion and dialog is subject to the permission of spectral and unaccountable gatekeepers.

Sometimes the slippery slope is not just exaggerated fearmongering.

2 Likes

At this point it’s just an inconvenience, not 1984. As I said already, I might write an oped any ways, and that will have FAR more reach. And I have access to that option because I am a legitimate expert with an informed point of view.

1 Like

Whether or not a rule applies is, for better or worse, not your determination to make. This is just what YT does across the board.

I think that the problem is inherent in trying to use for a serious purpose, a forum more suited to cutesy cat videos and similar. Yes, it gives you a potentially wider audience, but it also easily leads to your serious content being treated (by the forum’s gatekeepers) no better than just another cat video – as ephemeral and interchangeable, and thus of no real consequence if the wrong video gets occasionally (or even frequently) taken down.

1 Like

True, which is why I’m not flipping out too much.

I can see why this would be devastating to a person who had YouTube as essentially their only platform in which to speak to society. That is not my situation.