Kitzmiller, the Universe, and Everything

Here you go: Optima in Evolution - #186 by Rumraket

I cite multiple papers in that post where functional sequences are found without scientists having any targets at all. They simply have no idea what will evolve, they just let the selection that naturally happens in the flask environment do it’s job.

1 Like

Also, Lenski’s group did not have citrate metabolism as a “target” for the E. coli in their experiment. The investigators were as surprised as anyone when that happened.

I guess @colewd just forgot about that rather obscure experiment that no one ever talks about.

1 Like

@scd, I recall instances in the past where I suspected an English-as-second-language misunderstanding but you assured me that that was not the case. Nevertheless, I want to extend all possible grace here. So if there is a communication obstacle in this instance, please do correct me if I am misunderstanding you and I have mischaracterized your position in my reply.

maybe i didnt got all your points above (about economic as a motor for instance) but in general i believe its ok :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.