Now You See Them – Now You Don’t

You do realise that you’re responding to a more than four year old (closer to five) conversation, and to a member who hasn’t posted in over a year, and hasn’t even been ‘seen’ (i.e. read any posts whilst logged in) in over six months?

1 Like

Quite true. I’d forgotten this very interesting thread—but I found myself benefiting from a re-read.

1 Like

@jongarvey Your article at The Hump of the Camel

“These deities had been assigned the work of irrigation (this was the Euphrates flood plain, remember), which was necessary for cultivation in order to produce both grain and pasture for livestock.”

My question is, “How’s the land of the Euphrates floodplains different from the Harappans’ decision resettle far away from the floodplains of the Indus?”

I learned this word from @OneGod tectonic uplift. Was there any tectonic uplift in the land of the Euphrates flood plains?

If I understand this correctly, the flooding that causes local flooding situations is from tectonic uplift. How does that compare to flooding the whole world?

You, @jongarvey mention Adam. Have you ever heard of Swayambhu Manu?

Evolution and relationships. Subjectively learning. What are your thoughts about this? I have a relationship with light, who lives in me. Light feeds us; fire nourishes our spirit.

Yet you, @jongarvey write about in your article at The Hump of the Camel.

“mankind is created from clay and slain god’s blood, specifically for this role of agriculture and pastoral activity, in order to feed the gods, which is done via the whole cultic apparatus.”

and

"This functional reason for man is central, because it is the gods’ hunger that later on ends the flood and has them all clustering around Atrahasis’s sacrifice “like flies.”

It appears God feeds from what? What is this type of hunger?

Yet I feed from light; this isn’t anything like what you claim about God feeding from? I’m confused?

Why would God be hunger to later end the flood?

Repeat

"This functional reason for man is central, because it is the gods’ hunger that later on ends the flood and has them all clustering around Atrahasis’s sacrifice “like flies.”

Uh? I’m so lost. I don’t understand this at all.

I feed from light, and I notice that when I allow light to teach me, light feeds me fire, but your style of hunger, @jongarvey that you read that this God has, I don’t understand this style of hunger, what is that? That you write about?

Something isn’t adding up about this; can you help me with this?

What is spiritual hunger, according to your comprehension?

I understand God to be our collective consciousness. The thoughts of earth, sky, plants, animals and human coalesce into one thought. That is God. So we pray to all creating when we pray to God. And God is hungry, violent, peaceful when all creation is so.

I agree with you @OneGod

I understand God, to be our collective consciousness. This also allows subjective thinking too right? I learn through subjective thinking.

@AllenWitmerMiller can you tell me more what you found benefiting from re-reading this thread?