Peaceful Science: a Midpoint between YECs & Science?

To their credit, they have been to kind to me from a distance. I’m not sure all is well yet though. It will take time.

That is actually a very good linguistic point. Thank you.

I am not really a scientific midpoint exactly. I am a theological midpoint. Though, I am also attuned to present mainstream science as neutrally as possible, accommodating them as much as possible. How does that figure in.

The science here isn’t twisted at all. It is straight neutral science. It is NOT RTB science, NOT Deb Haarsma God-guided multiverse science, NOT Jeanson YEC pseudo science, and certainly NOT ID’s non-science.
Peaceful Science is cutting edge real evolutionary science.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Robert Byers’ Goals Here

One thing that is a stumbling block with YEC believers I have talked with, is that they are forced into a very literalistic reading of the Bible because that is their only safe authority. Without that they have no foundation for their faith. I was encouraged by the dialog you had with some YEC Lutherans. It would be great if YEC could be more of an optional thing in more Evangelical churches and young people were not told they have to choose reason or faith, that they can’t have both. I think this reason vs. faith supposed conflict goes deep and YEC is just a manifestation of it.

2 Likes

It is unfortunate to be put into that position because everyday a new scientific results in geology, astronomy, paleontology, or genomics will be announced putting YEC further and further into the realm of pseudoscience. Each scientific discovery requires YECs to come up with more odious and more ridiculous claims. I enjoy watching the contortions that YECs go through for something as simple as feathers on dinosaurs. Why can’t dinosaurs have had feathers?

2 Likes

And oddly, we are more welcoming of the non-religious too. All while avoiding the pitfall of the spineless middle.

Interesting.

1 Like

@Marty

I get the impression that PeacefulScience gives you agita!

A midpoint between YECs and science? Well, I hope not. That’s like a midpoint between flat-earthism and round-earthism or between astrology and astronomy. You don’t want to occupy that ground. Or to choose a real example, a midpoint between Copernicus and Ptolemy, which actually existed: Tycho. Didn’t work out all that well for him in the end.

2 Likes

Hehe. Point taken.

More than a midpoint, I think it’s a paradox.

Sorry?

@Marty

Im in Amherst, MA for a week. Talk to me now or let’s forget about it all together!

How about, instead of a midpoint, a bridge?

4 Likes