Respectfulness in Portraying People

Descriptions are set by @swamidass. If he wanted to change my header to something else I would not object. I would not call myself a physicist because, again, that is not my job.

1 Like

I think the @moderators can help you change itā€¦ or tell you how to do itā€¦
If you want of course.

How about ā€œEx-YEC Science Advocateā€?
Maybe just ā€œScience Advocateā€??

Nope, that was me who put it there.

Okā€¦ so it canā€™t be changed?

I like @David_MacMillan Ex-YEC law student. His law student credentials adds a lot to PS. Once he gets his law degree, change his title to Ex YEC attorney in order to strike fear in YECs worried about being sued.

2 Likes

I am fine with whatever he wantsā€¦
He said he preferred to see himself as a science advocate or science writerā€¦
Hence my suggestion.
End of the day, its upto himā€¦ I hope.

Heck, Iā€™m a retired lawyer, yet I am simply listed as ā€œAmazon Reviewer of ID.ā€ I donā€™t think anyone assumes that these brief descriptions say all there is to say about someone. I could add ā€œhigh school dropoutā€ to mine for one sort of effect, ā€œcivil rights lawyerā€ for quite another, and yet ā€œAmazon Reviewer of IDā€ is mostly descriptive of why Iā€™m here.

I like ā€œEx-YEC law student.ā€ It says a lot. It says he not only has been around the block on this issue but also has reached a good place academically where his rhetorical skills are put to the test. Heā€™s not a scientist, but as the record makes very clear, he is someone who can bring substantial skills to bear upon these issues.

And, @David_MacMillan, should you ever be out in Seattle, I would love to buy you a pint of good ale and hear more of your story.

4 Likes

Should I ever find myself in Seattle, I guarantee I will take you up on it.