Slave Bible from the 1800s at The Museum of the Bible

Why is it undeserved topic?

Underserved, not undeserved. ā€œNot adequately served.ā€

2 Likes

Fine with me. Iā€™m ā€œwhiteā€. Iā€™m evangelical. Iā€™m way past 50. Iā€™m male. And Iā€™m a Christian. So letā€™s start with me. Does the negative implication you are making apply?

1 Like

But you are a nice secular humanist like me and Dr. Swamidass. I am not talking about you as you are one of us. I am talking about them, those not nice people. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

ā€œSecular humanistā€ has ambiguous confusing denotations and connotations. So I would never apply that label to myself (for risk of being misunderstood) even though I do endorse the best goals of actual (not skewed) secularism and I love humanity and wish to improve the welfare of humanity.

Of course, ā€œniceā€ white evangelical, over-50, Christian men like me are not at all rare.

6 Likes

@patrick I think @AllenWitmerMiller is a Christian secular humanist or an Evangelical secular humanist like you think of me. You canā€™t drop ā€œChristianā€ and ā€œEvangelicalā€ for it to work with us.

I think it is far more likely for @AllenWitmerMillerā€™s tribe to grow if we donā€™t besmirch a whole demographic category. After all, we donā€™t hold your whiteness against you :wink:.

4 Likes