Some Comments from YouTube Watchers of the Tour-Farina Debate

Larry Moran, quoting and then responding to Tour:

Furthermore, when I, a non-conformist, ask proponents for clarification, they get flustered in public and confessional in private wherein they sheepishly confess that they really don’t understand either. Well, that is all I am saying: I do not understand. But I am saying it publicly as opposed to privately. Does anyone understand the chemical details behind macroevolution? If so, I would like to sit with that person and be taught, so I invite them to meet with me. Lunch will be my treat. Until then, I will maintain that no chemist understands, hence we are collectively bewildered.

Does he really mean to imply that all chemists are “bewildered” about evolution? Does he really think that evolutionary biologists are obliged to supply “chemical details” proving that whales evolved from land animals or that humans and chimpanzees share a common ancestor? Are all chemists this stupid?

I wonder if he is equally skeptical about whether the Earth goes around the sun given that we can’t supply chemical details? I wonder what he thinks about plate tectonics?

Sandwalk: A chemist who doesn’t understand evolution

2 Likes