The Dabar Plot to Overthrow the Government

Are you sure this wasn’t one of those tax-deductible boondoggles that everyone points to when they want to get rid of tax loopholes? No records of what was discussed, no list of attendees, private invitation only guest list, no minutes, no pictures. Where was it again? If the next one is in Hawaii or some exotic place, FFRF might ask the IRS to investigation the tax-deductible status of this. Do you know if any US Government officials were there? Perhaps the NIH director? Or one of VP Pence’s staffers? Or somebody from new office of Religious Affairs? It is time to tax religious institutions that same as every other non-profit organization?

1 Like

I hope everyone recognizes that’s a joke, or at least it better be one :slight_smile:.

There are records of all those things. No government funding used. There is a public record of most of this too:

Like many conferences, recordings are not available of the sessions. In many ways this is like a Gordon Conference.

1 Like

I was invited, and I pay UK Income Tax.

1 Like

Okay, just checking. :rofl: A few years ago Biologos tried to slip in a high level Government Official into one of their “Christ and Creation” Conferences. :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Not concerned about you as you are not a High Level US Government Official. :rofl:

1 Like

Government officials have free speech rights, on their own dime, just like anyone else, as long as they clarify they are speaking as persons, and not as officials. It’s a fiction that you’d like to create that that is not the case, but the strictures actually in place are not being fully characterized by your fictions. Please put your finger back in the imaginary dike, and not on your keyboard.

1 Like

I noted precisely zero government officials.

3 Likes

Nobody behind the curtains? with tax payer paid for listening devices? :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Imaginary Dike? This is just today’s government entangle with religion. Over 1000 of these a year.

But I will be, come the revolution.

2 Likes

Object all you want to the real issues. You don’t need to make up imaginary ones as well.

2 Likes

I dunno @Guy_Coe. It appears @jongarvey has just admitted to planning to overthrow the government. Maybe we are right to be concerned.

Well, we’ve been run by much stranger characters recently. Not too concerned. : )

2 Likes

But you can do nothing about it, for I have special rays. They all said I was mad, but I have made them all look like fools. I am the geat, the magnificent, the incomprehensible (and indigenous, to boot) Toad, before whom all must be smitten into nothingness and everlasting night.

Can I have the next slide, please?

3 Likes

So much for, “give me liberty or give me death.” How far we have wandered.

1 Like

“The news of my premature demise has been greatly exaggerated.” --Samuel Clemens

2 Likes