The Evidence against the 'Israelites-from-Indus' thesis

I never said that I was unwilling to “resolve the questions regarding historicity of the Exodus”, as long as the resolution is based upon evidence.

But you have presented no evidence on its historicity – you have simply assumed that the elements that are convenient for you – volcanoes, straw-and-bricks, Moses, etc, are true, and assumed that the elements that are inconvenient for you – Egypt, Pharaoh, Sinai, Nile, etc, are false.

Not as long as you keep pushing your inconsistent and unsubstantiated claims about Exodus – as you do immediately here:

What factual basis do you have for this claim?

I ask this because the scholarly consensus, even among those who agree that the Exodus had a (modest) historical core, seems to be that it occurred in the 13th to 12th Centuries BCE:

While there is a consensus among scholars that the Exodus did not take place in the manner described in the Bible, surprisingly most scholars agree that the narrative has a historical core, and that some of the highland settlers came, one way or another, from Egypt [citations omitted]

In this, I am not referring to the various traditions of Israel’s interaction with Egypt resulting from the era of Egyptian control in Canaan or from some relations with the Hyksos, which found their way into the Bible (Russell 2009; see also Hendel 2001; Knohl 2008; Na’aman 2011; more below), but to the possibility that there was a group which fled Egypt, and brought this story of Exodus with it. Though the size of this group is debated, most of the above scholars agree that it was in the range of a few thousands, or even hundreds (some give it more weight, e.g., Hoffmeier 1997). Still, despite the limited size of this group, it appears that during the process of Israel’s ethnogenesis its story became part of the common history of all the Israelites.

Most of those who accept some historical core for the story of the Exodus from Egypt, date it to the thirteenth century (e.g., Hoffmeier, Chap. 15), at the time of Ramses II, while others date it to the twelfth century, during the time of Ramses III (e.g., Halpern 1992; Rendsburg 1992; cf. Bietak, Chap. 2).

– Faust, Avraham (2015). The Emergence of Iron Age Israel: On Origins and Habitus, p476

Then perhaps you should stop making claims about language until you become more knowledgable on the subject.

Ditto.

Given that the “Gerbh alphabet was created by Kauan Luz”, it would seem to be of modern creation and thus irrelevant to your claim (that “the current Indian scripts were formed from a combination of afro-asiatic Proto-Indo-European and Harappan”) – have a red herring:

aaaa

:rofl:

1. That book is nearly a century old, making it hopelessly outdated.

2. The author, Laurence Waddell was only an “amateur archaeologist” and “his reputation as an Assyriologist gained little to no academic recognition and his books on the history of civilization have caused controversy.” This does not suggest that his book is a remotely reliable source.

No we do not. We can simply point to the evidence (that I presented in my OP) that the Israelites came from local origins within the Levant, and conclude that the Exodus narrative is largely or completely legendary.

I would note that you have provided no evidence of your Indus claims, just a large number of falsehoods, unsubstantiated claims and irrelevances.

You remind me more than a little of this Churchill quote:

A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject.

You appear to be interested in discussing nothing except your ‘Israelites-from-Indus’ thesis, and unwilling to accept any criticism of it.