The Water People article

Hi, I’m looking for an article I’ve seen cited by different creationists.

Does anyone have this article available?

Lyall Watson, “The Water People,” Science Digest, vol. 90 (May 1982), p. 44.

This article and specifically page 44 had some very juicy statements that different creationist authors gleefully quoted from. I’m interested in seeing the quotes in context. Was it only one page long?

Thanks,
Jim

1 Like

No luck in my searches, but you might be able to purchase a copy: backissues.com - Science Digest May 1982 - Product Details

You seem familiar, do you run a theology or Christian blog?

Hi Michael, I believe if you click on my account name you’ll see a link to my blog—but I don’t promote that here.

I’m an honest person seeking answers and information.

Jim

I would try interlibrary loan from your local library (I think ours would do this) or you might try contacting Gary Hurd; he wrote about this piece several years ago.

3 Likes

Thank you, I have seen that site before and wanted to exhaust free options first. :blush:

Jim

1 Like

Yeah in fact I asked him as seen in the new conversation under his blog post. :blush: Sadly the copy he had was lost in an HD crash. :weary:

Jim

1 Like

Oh yeah I visited your blog a couple of times but that was quite a long time ago.

2 Likes

@Gary_Hurd has an amazing capacity for tucking away useful facts (with citations!). :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s an impressively long archive!

1 Like

LOL! Then the best I can do is give you the ancient humanist web searcher’s blessing. Which I haven’t written yet.

2 Likes

Our Index, which art in the library, hallowed be thy search engine, …

2 Likes

May the list of results rise up to meet you, and may the 404 be ever in your wake, splattered with your fresh excrement. And lo may the moderators be gentle with the scythe.

3 Likes

Laughing too hard to use the scythe! :laughing:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.