Valerie's Review of GAE

@michelle if they are not in conflict, then why are people framing it that way? See below.

But I actually agree with you - I do not think science and faith are in conflict. I made a contrast in my review between most scientists and Grandma and between the wisdom of God and the wisdom of this world.

In fact, after studying science more the last few months, I think we are missing huge advances in science because atheism leaves a lot of scientists unable to think outside their models that cannot include an order that would make Him necessary. I hinted at that here. Some Microorganisms Can Bend Rules of Evolution - #48 by thoughtful

There are powers of this world and of Satan that use lies to devour people. There are idols in science as there are idols everywhere. Take a look at the thread where I questioned people’s faith in OoL research and read how they responded to me. Could you tell me with a straight face it isn’t their idol? A New Chemical 'Tree of The Origins of Life' I’ve also seen a lot of atheists on this thread question science that doesn’t fit their worldview too.

Right now, the mainstream view on origins leaves people thinking that ultimately the world must be getting better. We must be adapting and figuring this thing out. Just like in politics with its idols that politics will make the world better, that leaves out seeing our sin and our need for Christ.

The debate about origins is very much about time. And I’ve learned time is a funny thing :slight_smile: It can be bent. Science can be bent too. The Bible tells us time is weird too

God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

I agree with you about knowledge of time spans. But when it comes to science, the Bible tells us what is true.

For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven:
2 a time to be born, and a time to die;
a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted;
3 a time to kill, and a time to heal;
a time to break down, and a time to build up;
4 a time to weep, and a time to laugh;
a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
5 a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together;
a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
6 a time to seek, and a time to lose;
a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
7 a time to tear, and a time to sew;
a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
8 a time to love, and a time to hate;
a time for war, and a time for peace.

Right now is the time for the church to stand up against the lie we don’t need God as creator. We undermine our witness by agreeing with scientists that have no need of Him nor acknowledge Him. If they don’t need Jesus as creator, they don’t need him as savior either.