Want to talk about the US midterms? Do it here!

My initial hot takes: The video below seems accurate when it calls this a historic result for the Democrats, even if not exactly a win. Will that affect Biden’s political future?

Democratic Showing Could Mean New ‘Rules Of Politics’: Kornacki - YouTube

Also: Is this the beginning of the end of Trumpism?

2 Likes

I think it might be. But perhaps it is too early to tell.

The reason I raise the question is that if the GOP had run ordinary candidates in Georgia, Arizona, Pennsylvania and Nevada they likely would have won control of the Senate. But, instead, they ran the bizarro candidates that Trump endorsed, and here we are. So Republican leadership may well decide enough is enough. But will they be able to do anything about it?

4 Likes

It’s not going away. Trump didn’t create this problem, he just saw how people and the media can be manipulated. Having demonstrated just how easy it is to grab power this way, others will be copying his methods for generations to come.

Buckle in, it’s going to be a bumpy century.

3 Likes

One can only hope! Of course even that will not spell the end of republican lunacy more broadly. The people who voted for Trump won’t magically stop existing, or mysteriously stop having their insane views.

Interesting analysis from The Daily. 25 minute podcast.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.