ANNULAR SOLAR ECLIPSE: Countless solar disks appear as crescents on the pavement

A crepe myrtle tree serves as hundreds of pinhole cameras to record today’s annular solar eclipse as a projection on the roadway pavement. I’m about a hundred miles from the path of “true annularity maximum” but it was impressive nonetheless.

3 Likes

The clouds are pretty heavy here today, so not much to see.

I’ve actually seen two annular eclipses in the past. So I have seen the effects of pinhole cameras formed by leaves. It’s impressive.

I have never experienced a total eclipse.

Cool picture! I’ve seen this a few times from similar eclipses. I was fortunate to see an annular one when living in San Diego. That one occurred there near sunset, near the horizon over the ocean. It was very weird.

Here are some similar photos I took at the 2017 eclipse.

2 Likes

Peaceful Science is a wonderful place where a diverse community of people share a love and excitement for all things science. (Yep, I’m on pain meds today.)

1 Like

AND we have a semi-pro Brockian Ultracricket team. :grin: :tennis::field_hockey::ice_hockey::ping_pong::cricket_bat_and_ball::person_fencing::boxing_glove::lacrosse:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.