Comments on YEC experience on this board

I believe providing citations is his very definition of “elephant throwing”.

2 Likes

I don’t mine others’ religious beliefs and I don’t mind if they disagree with the scientific conclusions. I just can’t stand the flat out lying about what has been presented. :rage:

4 Likes

I would rephrase as “science can neither confirm nor falsify . . .”

More typical, not necessarily more capable, but better able to interact without leaving a negative personal impression. Not trolls.

(No disrespect to our resident Ogre!) :wink:

Hey @ho_idiotes, thanks for starting that conversation! It will be good for non-YEC people to read what YEC participants think and feel about the forum.

3 Likes

@cdods They do exist elsewhere, but until a just few years ago it was very hard to find them. There are several Facebook group I could recommend, THIS ONE is managed in part by @sygarte, who occasionally comments here.

@Tim

So it is your belief that Young Earth Creationists do not favor Intelligent Design arguments? While there are many I.D. folks who have unusually complex Creationist views, I have not noticed that Young Earth Creationists OPPOSE I.D. arguments. Have YOU noticed such a pattern?

I think you are getting further and further away from what I originally said:

I was not questioning whether YECs reject ID arguments (such as Irreducible Complexity, Specified Complex Information, etc) that make no explicit mention of an Old Earth, or of evolution over millions of years.

8 posts were split to a new topic: On Radiometric Dating

A post was merged into an existing topic: A Conversation on Fossils

32 posts were split to a new topic: A Conversation on Fossils

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: A Conversation on Fossils

A post was merged into an existing topic: On Radiometric Dating

PD Price:

But there is a reason Evolutionists are NOT open to your views: you insist that the science of evolution is INADEQUATE to explain something as rudimentary as speciation - - BUT at the same time you assert that science is (or will) be adequate to identify divine-sourced design!

There is something inherently inexplicable about thinking that the methods of science can assess the mysteries of divine design.

George B.

2 Likes

I’m adding this to my collection of great quotes on this subject .

2 Likes

Where can this review be found?

It’s interesting that none of these things cite evidence.

1 Like

I apologize. Also thank you.

@BenKissling

In your review, you list in this discussion one of Craig’s concessions to YEC:

“7. Craig accepts that Adam and Eve existed in real history and (unlike Joshua Swamidass @swamidass ) he affirms that they were the ancestors of all humans.”

I believe you have misunderstood Joshua (if Joshua thinks differently he should respond).

Joshua ALSO believes an Historical Adam and Eve were ancestors of all humans - - but that it took about 2,000 years of God’s guiding providence to accomplish this in time for the birth of Jesus!