Creation Truth Conference: What Should Creationists Think About The Genealogical Adam and Eve?

Friday Oct. 8 Debate with Q & A

7 pm – “What Should We Think About The Genealogical Adam and Eve?”

Author: Dr. Joshua Swamidass, Assoc Professor at Washington University
Response: Dr. Marcus Ross, Center for Creation Studies at Liberty University
Moderator: Dr. Richard Averbeck, OT Professor at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School

Dr. Marcus Ross holds a BS in Earth Science from the Penn State University and an MS in Vertebrate Paleontology from South Dakota School of Mines. His PhD in Environmental Science (Geoscience) is from the University of Rhode Island. Dr. Ross is the former Director of the Center for Creation Studies and Professor of Geology at Liberty University. He is the owner of Cornerstone Educational Supply.

Creation Truth Conf Summary 2021.pdf (663.8 KB)

3 Likes

Do you know what Ross is going to say, or what position he’s going to defend?

2 Likes

He is a young earth creationist. Remember his article in Sapientia about the book?

1 Like

Sure, but is he going to use the opportunity to attack GAE as not YEC? Or will he have some other angle?

1 Like

I don’t know what his angle is, but I go first. So I get to set the terms of the debate.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Marcus Ross and I have written a join statement together that will precede our debate:

Good evening to you all, and welcome. During this dialog, we will think together about some new ideas about human origins. To be sure, we disagree and our disagreements matter. At the same time, our agreement with each other is more important than these differences.

First and foremost, we both believe that Jesus rose from the dead and trust him as our Lord. Therefore we are brothers in Christ before anything else.

Second, we both hold a high view of Scripture. We believe that God’s word is authoritative, powerful, and precious. Its revealed wisdom is our guiding light.

Third, we are both scientists. We love learning about the natural world and its history. We believe that God rewards our investigations of this world with a better understanding of, and deeper love for, its Creator.

So what are the goals for tonight? What is our shared purpose? Certainly we both desire to make a compelling case. But more than this, we seek to understand each other and our differences better. In doing so, we hope to demonstrate our respect for each other and model how Christians can enter difficult conversations with integrity, passion, and charity.

9 Likes

Is there going to be video or a stream anywhere?

1 Like

It will be online eventually.

1 Like

Sweet. Like on youtube somewhere? Do you know what channel?

2 Likes

Not yet. But we’ll post it here and send it out to our mailing list.

5 Likes

Great. I can’t wait to see it.