Fragments of Energy May Be the Fundamental Building Blocks of the Universe

Well, this seems like it could be incredibly exciting. And that may be an incredible understatement. I’d love to know what physicists think.

Our theory begins with a new fundamental idea – that energy always “flows” through regions of space and time.

Think of energy as made up of lines that fill up a region of space and time, flowing into and out of that region, never beginning, never ending and never crossing one another.

Much to our surprise, we discovered that there were only a limited number of ways to describe a concentration of energy that flows. Of those, we found just one that works in accordance with our mathematical definition of flow. We named it a fragment of energy. For the math and physics aficionados, it is defined as A = -⍺/ r where ⍺ is intensity and r is the distance function.

For the precession-of-Mercury problem, we modeled the Sun as an enormous stationary fragment of energy and Mercury as a smaller but still enormous slow-moving fragment of energy. For the bending-of-light problem, the Sun was modeled the same way, but the photon was modeled as a minuscule fragment of energy moving at the speed of light. In both problems, we calculated the trajectories of the moving fragments and got the same answers as those predicted by the theory of general relativity. We were stunned.

Our initial work demonstrated how a new building block is capable of accurately modeling bodies from the enormous to the minuscule. Where particles and waves break down, the fragment of energy building block held strong. The fragment could be a single potentially universal building block from which to model reality mathematically – and update the way people think about the building blocks of the universe.

They applied their work to macroscopic bodies.

I would be impressed if they could apply it to subatomic particles and get it to work, particularly if they could derive them ab initio.

Is there a paper they published for more details?

I can’t find any recently published paper on this by Silverberg or Eischen.

If what they claim is true, then one would imagine there would be a big impact on things like computational/theoretical chemistry and physics etc.

Otherwise this is all hype and no substance, and I am skeptical this will be of much if any significance.

2 Likes

Not on arXiv. Disappointed.

1 Like

I’m initially excited about any idea that could close the gap on a theory of everything as I find that fascinating. The more ideas with math that has a basis in reality the better.

But yes, it could mean nothing at all. If the math had predictive power and it was used for a new discovery that would be a game changer. And it is really disappointing the paper isn’t freely available. I’m hoping others will report on it so I can find out more details.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.