Here’s How Evangelical Christians Are Influencing U.S. Policy in the Middle East

Among 60% of the global population. These are not niche claims.

You have an odd definition of “universally”.

1 Like

Its the same way it’s used when you say evolution is universally accepted…among biologists.

What I said would be universally accepted among the two most popular Abrahamic religions that happen to make up greater than 60% of the global population.

Global? Please show the data to support that claim.

2 Likes

No, it’s not the same way. You failed to qualify your statement. Now you claim that some things are universally accepted…by believers in the two (shouldn’t that be three?) most popular Abrahamic religions. That too isn’t true. Muslims don’t accept much of it, for example. And not all Christians do either. Your universe is shrinking.

2 Likes

Have you read the Koran? What do you think Muslims don’t believe of the points I made?

No. Have you?

Yes I have.

Great. Where does it say that Jesus was the Jewish Messiah?

1 Like

In the Koran.

In Islam, ʿĪsā ibn Maryam (Arabic: عِيسَى ٱبْنُ مَرْيَمَ‎, lit. ‘Jesus, son of Mary’), or Jesus, is understood to be the penultimate prophet and messenger of God (Allah) and the Messiah, sent to guide the Children of Israel with a new revelation: Injīl (Arabic for “the gospel”).[1][2][3]

In 2019 Christianity was 30% of world population whereas Islam was 25% of world population.

1 Like

When you’re quoting a source, please cite the source. But if we can believe Wikipedia, you are correct in what you claimed. Still, none of the citations are to the Koran. In the future, when you mean some other than “universally”, please use a different word, or at least explain what universe you’re talking about.

1 Like

The Koran has Jesus as a prophet not God. Isn’t that the major disconnect between Christianity and Islam? There is only one God and Jesus wasn’t God?

This is true but being a prophet he is a messenger from God. He holds very high status in the Koran and his name is mentioned more than any other prophet.

The subtle and not so subtle inconsistencies between between Judaism Islam and Christianity actually creates positive evidence for the validity of the Abrahamic religions as a whole. I don’t have time to explain this now but hopefully we can discuss this later.

Indeed. It provides the same kind of positive evidence as we have for the validity of “Little Red Riding Hood” and “Goldilocks and the three bears.”

1 Like

Genesis 12:3 New International Version (NIV)

3 I will bless those who bless you,
and whoever curses you I will curse;
and all peoples on earth
will be blessed through you.

From the Abrahamic covenant. This is not just part of evangelical thought. “You” means Israel.

“You” means Israel? The nation state established in 1948?

“you” means Israel the state established almost 4000 years ago.

Jacob then demanded a blessing, and the being declared in Genesis 32:28 that, from then on, Jacob would be called יִשְׂרָאֵל, Israel (Yisra`el, meaning “one that struggled with the divine angel” (Josephus), “one who has prevailed with God” (Rashi), “a man seeing God” (Whiston), “he will rule as God” (Strong), or "a .

Don’t take this the wrong way, but are you currently experiencing a stroke? Should we call 911?

dat tone tho.