Is Sam Harris a Legitimate Neuroscientist?

Before I answer, my main point is that

I believe that the fetishizing of scientist in society is the cause of scientists reaching beyond their expertise to make naive statements about philosophy/morals/politics/etc with false authority.

That said,

If she does not work in science anymore, then no, she is not a scientist. A car mechanic that moves to become an admin is not a car mechanic still.

Again, in my view scientist is a profession, not a label that one gets for life.

I don’t know what these books are, and how much science is in it. If he is still engaging in science, then he is still a scientist. One does not need to work at a lab to engage in scientific work. I am a theoretical physicist. I have not been in a lab for over half a decade.

I apologize, I have then misinterpreted your previous statements:

My thinking on this has been impacted by Sam Harris’s work and I urge you to read “the moral landscape.”

this is grounded in scholarship on moral philosophy and it came to me through the writings of Sam Harris, a neuroscientist

But the question stands:
If you did not go “all the way there”, then how far did you go? Do you affirm anything more than the typical utilitarianist/consequentialist? If so, then science cannot demonstrate that racism or genocide is morally wrong.