Nathan Lents: Human Errors and the GAE at the NSCE

Bravo @nlents. Human Errors and the GAE at the NSCE.

https://ncse.ngo/random-samples-nathan-h-lents

This short interview reads like a timeline on our friendship. (I’ll add links and quotes soon).

6 Likes

Outstanding interview, good job @NLENTS The Richard Dawkins Society sponsors TIES within NSCE to give public school teachers the resources they need to teach evolution at the elementary school level. Perhaps you can give some of the excellent material in your book to TIES to be incorporated into their material for public school teachers.

4 Likes

This idea is so great that it’s already happening! I worked with the director of TIES (Bertha Vasquez) to come up with some classroom activities to accompany Human Errors and I’ve spoken at 4 or 5 of the teacher workshops. TIES is a really impressive organization. Using mostly volunteer labor, they run these workshops all over the country, including in school districts hostile to evolution. The teachers are SO GRATEFUL to get good materials and support and it absolutely makes a difference in helping them present evolution accurately and interestingly. TIES is really “doing the Lord’s work.” :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Glad to hear. I am looking forward to the day when a smart fifth grader asks Ken Ham, “where did Noah and their family get their much needed Vitamin C for their year long boat ride?” and “Did Adam and Eve make their own Vitamin D before their Fall?”

2 Likes

I hadn’t heard of it! But it sounds wonderful. I have often thought that the fight against creationism needs to be waged mostly by improving the quality of biology lessons in the public schools. Thanks for your work on this; it’s so very, very important.

And my sympathies re: the conflicts with Behe and the DI. Those people are really something. They’ve even stooped to insulting me these days, now that they are having a hard time getting the scientific community to even acknowledge their inane publications, and it is beginning to have a touch of the pathetic about it.

2 Likes

@NLENTS, I particularly enjoyed this gem from your interview:

They used the same tactic as always: long meandering articles that squirt as much squid ink as possible without actually rebutting the point.

3 Likes

Lol thanks