The Abuse of Science by Scientists?

It’s already been done… Dr Jonathan wells has released a book called icons of evolution on this subject… followed by Zombie science…
Both deal with errors in biology text books.
I remember studying about haeckels drawings during my course… it was only later I realised the drawings were outright fraud made a 100 years ago…

I think atleast that has been removed ten years back.

So… the problems were found and have been creakily corrected.

There are also problems in how aviation science is taught.

Are you just generally paranoid conspiratorial in all your perceptions? Or do you just think the Evolutionists cause all the errors in all teaching … no matter the topic?

1 Like

Not really. You can check it out yourself. It’s because the problems persist that Dr wells came out with his second book called zombie science.

I look at results…As per @swamidass, Darwinism was disproved and neutral theory has been in vogue since 1960s… yet, if you ask anyone who has studied biology in high school over the last twenty ,thirty years, you will find their understanding of evolution is Darwinian.
How long does it take for textbooks to reflect reality? Surely not half a century!
Compare it to high school physics…I can use Newtonian mechanics I learned in high school even now to do a lot of things.

Got it. So any piece of evidence pointing outside space-time is persona non gratis for science.

How about Winston’s paper that shows that gene data solidly fits in a dependency graph. Should we block that evidence from a science class room?

@Ashwin_s

And yet in many fields there are still imperfections in the text books.

In aerospace… There are unforgivable errors about what exactly keeps a plane in the sir… and yet teaching materials only change very slowly. If plane builders followed the books… Some planes would never take off… which is the only reason test pilots syrvive!

You need to be a little more gracious in finding fault. Some fault is simply because humans are involved… not because someone is actively trying to undermine the Bible!

Why isn’t it generally known that Napoleon crossed a dry part of the red sea and nearly drowned because he was late coming back?

Why isn’t it generally known that the Philistines couldn’t have been there don’t all to Abraham… because they didn’t arrive until 12OO-1130 BCE … NOT in the middle of the Bronze Age.

This is the conservative nature of education; it changes slowly.

You go way over the top in your accusations, Ash. It would be a vast improvement if you focused on where the problems really are troublesome.

It’s random mutation+natural selection. It’s Darwinian evolution through and through.

It’s outdated by 60 years…
Can’t guys like Dawkins and Neil de grass Tyson do better than teach a falsified theory?

Sounds like a peer-reviewed work… validly of interest to evolutionary theory.

@ashwin_s

It’s hardly falsified. It’s just without God. And God is not something public schools teach.

Why do you think an Indian National is in a position to tell Americans what should be taught in American public schools?

1 Like

Darwinian evolution has been falsified. @swamidass has been telling this again and again.
The major mode of change in organisms is not natural selection. It’s neutral mutation.

Why teach a falsified theory as scientific fact? These are young kids… why use videos and visuals that will give them the wrong impression of what science teaches?

@Ashwin_s… now you want to argue semantics? I don’t care about the Darwinist label!

I will use whatever term you think is correct regarding the instruction of “Speciation by Means of Mutation and NATURAL Selection.”

What would you suggest?

1 Like

George mutation+Natural selection is a theory of evolution called Neo Darwinism. It was in vogue in the 1930s.
This was further extended with more mechanisms and formed a theory called modern synthesis.
The current understanding is that neutral mutations increase in an organism over time leading to change. Selection has a very little to do with the process.

Perhaps @swamidass can express this better than me.

@Ashwin_s

And this is the problem when you ask an honest question of someone who is a bad observer.

Let us have you SUPPOSE that NATURAL selection WAS significant… (which is my position)… what name would you give a godless version of my position?

Careful man… if you refuse to give me an Ashwin-approvef name I wi refuse to continue the discussion.

Are schools supposed to teach science or George Brooks position?

Your position would be called Neo Darwinism.

@Ashwin_s you live in India. How would you know how it is taught here? Why do you care?

I would love to see a piece of evidence pointing outside space-time. Make sure you tweet it so the world can see it.

Because unfortunately, the world follows America in these things.

What are your views on teaching Darwinism in schools as if it represents our current understanding of evolution?

Personally, I would be okay with that.

I think there has been a great deal of harm done by westerners meddling in Indian politics. Similar harm can be done the other way around. I think you are dipping into a very old political battle with out enough knowledge to be helpful.

1 Like

You avoided the question.
Is this ultimately a political issue?

Goood… we can agree on Neo-Darwinism… which would include natural selection.