Why Did God Wait to Create the Universe?

I won’t try to speak for @Michael_Callen but I didn’t understand him as equating your biases. Instead, he said:

Perhaps you object to the characterization of your having a “model of faith”. Though other terminology might be more mutually agreeable, we all have models based on our respective sets of presuppositions. (After all, nobody functions free of presuppositions. For example, some people presume that empiricism is the only valid basis for one’s opinions and biases. Yet, that is nothing but a presupposition—and one that most philosophers, both theists and atheists, would reject. For example, the foundations of science-and-empiricism itself lie outside of science and empiricism. Indeed, the foundations of logic itself lie outside of science and empiricism.)

Granted, that is your position. And lots of people holding very different positions on a wide range of topics make the very same statement. (Indeed, I recently had an anti-evolution Christian make the very same statement when he learned that I affirm evolutionary biology. To him, I see what I want to see while he sees what the data warrants. He told me so.)

4 Likes