Broad genetic variation on the Pontic-Caspian Steppe

@Alice_Linsley might like this. The time period and location is pre-biblical.

The genetic variation within the Scythian nomad group is so broad that it must be explained with the group assimilating people it came in contact with. This is shown in a new study on Bronze and Iron Age genetics of the Pontic-Caspian Steppe, situated in the Black Sea region.

Here is the actual paper with figures.

1 Like

Scythian warriors served the Assyrians and the Babylonians kings. They were known to be expert archers and metal workers. In Vedic writings they are called the “Saka” and are said to have ruled the ancient world for 7000 years. Saka is likely the origin of the words “Sacae” (Latin) and “Saxon.” The Saka are related to the Kushan-Yuezhi who called themselves Visha or the Vijaya. This is usually rendered “tribes” although the word refers to their two ruling royal houses, as in vijana , the splitting of wisdom. In Vedic tradition, pra-jna means “wisdom of the great house.” The words have multiple, related meanings (polysemic). In Vedic tradition the a-laya-vijña-na is the seed of the receptacle-world, but literally it means the receptacle of the seed, as in va-gina, symbolized originally by the pictograph V.

Karmic seeds - bija - are laid down in Alaya-vi-jña-na to produce karmic fruition. Alaya (aalaya) refers to a house, dwelling, or a receptacle. Bi is a variant of vi.

vi or bi - separation, division into two parts (social moiety)
jna - wisdom / to know
pra- intensifier

The divine Seed was regarded as giving life on earth and also immortality. Consider how the Bible refers to Christ as the Seed. Genesis 3:15 foreshadows the Messiah’s birth to the Woman who shall bring forth the “Seed” that crushes the serpent’s head. Jesus refers to himself as the Divine Seed in John’s Gospel.

1 Like

My understanding is that “Saxon” comes from the use by a Germanic tribe of the seax, a short sword, which derives from a Germanic root meaning “to cut”.

Many of the peoples of Germany and Scandinavia have DNA ancestry from Central Asia, the ancestral home of the Saka.

http://www.davidkfaux.org/CentralAsiaRootsofScandinavia-Y-DNAEvidence.pdf

1 Like

I’m sorry, folks. People apparently respect Alice as a great scholar, but everything I’ve seen from her gives me the impression that she’s not arguing from any basis in fact. Can somebody show me I’m wrong about that?

It is valid and correct to question any scholars claim, but this is a bit too broad to be engaged. Can you focus in on some specific issues you want to press her to provide her case?

I could. But I would prefer for someone else to focus on some specific issues where she has provided a good case already. If you can’t think of one, feel free to examine the trivial issue of the etymology of the word “Saxon”.

A post was split to a new topic: Was “Lucy” Human?

I certainly respect Alice for being an excellent anthropologist. My impression of her has been she is very factual in all her arguments of artifacts and ancient texts.

How do you know this is true? She doesn’t, in what I’ve read, ever cite anything except her own web articles. Has she published in any respected journals?

I read the material she has gratuitously given me in response to my questions. I read it and make my own assessment. I am not an antropologist but I do have a pretty good BS detector. Her material and artifacts and explanations make sense to me and are both fascinating and enlightening. Could she be in error? -sure. Is she knowledgable? - definitely. The main thing I noticed about @Alice_Linsley is that when I give her new data, new genomic studies, she is able to mesh it up with her previous work. If it matches up she will tell you, if it contradicts she will also tell you. She does follow the data where it goes, so she is doing real science. Does her Christian beliefs help or hinder her scientific work? - I say it helps, as her faith inspires her. Because she will honestly report and mesh the new findings and these new finding or changes to her understanding through science has NO IMPACT on her faith.

Thanks for the response, but it seems more a testimonial than an answer to any of my questions. I’ll assume that you can’t answer my questions, but perhaps if you gave me a specific example of what you’re referring to, that would help a bit.