Ken Ham Responds to Swamidass WSJ OpEd

Note, I didn’t say that. I said he probably doesn’t see you as an honest actor. It’s my assessment of why he’s not responding to you. It’s obvious to me that one of the reasons is that you haven’t responded to him through scholarship or a public written record. That doesn’t necessarily mean I think he’s right. Just that I think the status quo is very unlikely to change if you don’t.

It’s unfortunate it came across that way. I don’t do anything as a proxy, except hopefully, I pray, as the Holy Spirit. I am speaking on my own behalf. Truth is, it makes me incredibly sad that two brothers in Christ who I have learned a lot from in the past year, and whom I admire, have this relationship. I have prayed about it, and honestly shed tears. Even though I haven’t met Josh in person, I still consider him a friend in spite of our disagreements. I will say some things to friends that I don’t to others. I decided to answer because he asked questions.

My comment was meant to mean I’ve fallen short of what the text requires, and I was happy to share some verses that explained what I had on my heart and that they convicted me too. Doesn’t mean I haven’t fallen far short in the past or won’t in the future.

I’m not sure what you mean by recognize and accept. Christianity has exclusive truth claims or there couldn’t be anything considered orthodoxy. In this case I think it would be hypocritical if these schools didn’t give credits / accept transfer for courses that taught mainstream understanding of evolution.

1 Like