Two Christians Are Arguing Over the Age of the Earth in the Dumbest Debate Ever

1 Like

I wonder when I’ll have my first blog war with Ken Ham…I’m already looking forward to it.

2 Likes

I saw a blurb online by Harvard educated Dr. Kurt Wise about the age of the earth and he admits that man’s science that uses known decay rates etc to determine the age of the earth seem to suggest an old earth. But he goes on to say that he still adheres to an interpretation of Scripture suggesting that the earth is much younger. Not sure how long or how interesting the “blog war” you speak of would be if Ham is the same.

For me, i lean with Wise in this respect. I would add that our science could be quite confounded when confronted with such a miracle of something (the universe) being formed out of nothing, so i would not be surprised at all if we one day learn from the Only One who was there in the beginning, how off the mainstream science of man really was in this respect.

1 Like

We like Kurt Wise here a great deal. He is honest, even though we might disagree with him.

1 Like

Hope the moderators would be ready for the onslaught of new participants if that ever happens! The FB thread on his page has so many people defending Ham. I’m not familiar with Walsh, I’m guessing that his normal audience is religious conservative enough that a significant number are YEC?

1 Like

I’m pretty sure that I split his base.

1 Like

I’d pay good money to watch such an event! Lure Ham in with a Pay-Per-View offer. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I think you’ve talked about this before, but I didn’t quite understand it. Why would a part of his base be willing to go with GA? Aren’t most of them unconcerned with going against the “secular” academic establishment anyway?

1 Like

No, that is not it, at least not entirely. If you have some time, listen to this audio: http://www.new-wineskins.org/blog/2016/4/20/is-jesus-greater-than-anti-evolutionism-a-presentation-by-s-joshua-swamidass

If you prefer reading, look at these threads:

1. Jeremy Smith: I Disagree with Dr. Swamidass
  2. Daniel Deen and Joel Oesch: The Lutheran Voice and Crosswise Institute

If you read/listen closely, you’ll see enough hints of what I am talking about. I take a different tact than most the people who argue with him. I’m not sure he has engaged someone who takes my tact. It is an approach that splits the YEC base, and for good reason. Most of them know that Jesus is greater than Ham.

1 Like

Thanks for the links, I did not follow those threads closely before so may have missed it. I’m guessing that the other half of the base are people like Greg, who will still insist that evolution is a dangerous idea even as you keep pointing out that the Gospel is not primarily about Genesis.

They tend to be the minority. Loud, but inconsistent with Scripture. They exist though, and that is why it splits the base, rather than outright winning.

4 posts were split to a new topic: Does Greg Think Jesus is Greater Than Anti-Evolutionism?

We need to make a little more noise, to get his attention. Getting GA out to more YEC audiences might do that.

2 Likes

Good way to make him come over… with smoke coming out of his ears… and fire out of his mouth.

1 Like

And we need a plan for when that happens!

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Where Greg Draws The Line

Not before the book you all keep distracting me from writing…

1 Like

OK. I will start hatching scheme’s without bothering you (much). :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Why don’t you call it an “article” and get the scientists on board too! :smile:

2 Likes

The dragon??!! :slight_smile:

1 Like