So last part of January I did a whirlwind of 7 events in 2 universities, in just 3 days. As crazy as this was to plan for, the Saturday before, late at night, I received a phone call.
My father was in the ER, without a pulse. He had just had a heart attack at home after dinner with friends. They were never able to get his pulse back. He died that day. The next day I was on a flight to California.
After some thought, I decided to do the planned events. Several thousand dollars of changed tickets later, this became an important part of my grieving process. The main events were:
- A Veritas Forum at Cal Poly SLO on What it Means to be Human? with a secular scientist.
- A Veritas Forum at Cal Poly SLO on Are Humans Special? with Hugh Ross.
- A Veritas Forum at UCSB on What it Means to be Human? with a secular grief counselor (and the recent mudslides in view).
- A talk on a genealogical Adam, with Hugh Ross in the audience, and some very interesting exchanges afterwards.
There were also two Q&A events, and a scientific talk. Most of this was all recorded. I’ll post links when I can. Deserving of special mention, @Guy_Coe drove down from out of state, and attended every event. It was great meeting him in person.
Then, that Saturday, was the add on event no one wants or expects…
- My father’s funeral, where I gave a message.
I’ve included a few photos here. I’ll post the videos when they are available too. I am also happy to answer any questions. In particular, there is reason to think about how the recent working being done on human origins (see genealogical Adam and Buggs) will have an impact at RTB.
Here is an excellent photo of @Guy_Coe with Hugh. Sizing each other up it seems.